Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mice

Its amazing that Apple feels it needs to engineer things to their "standard". I'll give them that the ipod was pretty awesome but people have done it as well since then. I'm sure they are going to spend a foturne when all they need to do is the same thing that Microsoft did when they did their first mouse. Call up Logitech and ask them to design something for them. I'm sure they will make it pretty and clear(or white or blueberry or whatever the heck the color of the month is) . I'm sure you want it way too small, if I ever got a Mac (something I'm not doing) I would get a replacement mouse / keyboard to able to use it. (big hands) Either way time to catch up Apple. You can read about it here.

Speak of pointing devices (nice transitoin there). My first trackball ( or was it my second) was an earlier model of this product from Kensington. I ended up giving up on trackballs because of how inacruate they were and how dirty than get hence causing it act unpredictably. This is espiecally annoying when doing CAD. I think it was the late 90s when I gave them up and haven't used one at least in 6 or 7 years. That said when I first saw the opitcal trackballs I laughed, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. That would remove all the problems I had in years past. That said at the time I was still doing CAD work and I was addicted to mouse wheel by then. Wasn't really an option then. Now today check this out from Microsoft. The question should I spring for it

No comments: