Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nerd Identity and Nerds in Love

Ok I know this is a bit old and has been linked every place in the world but it indirectly caused a bit of an identity crisis. I was concerned if I was a geek or a nerd. I saw an article from the New York Times on how Nerds are better lovers which was noted but I didn't have time to really blog it. In the process of googling the article I came across a couple articles the difference between a geek and a nerd. Once upon a time I had considered them the same but now I know there is a real difference. I guess from the outside it would be difficult distinguish the two but there is a real difference. I don't like the geek tag especially as it refers to a circus performer that does strange things. After some serious introspection and advise from my friends, I consider myself a nerd. The title of the blog stands. After some test I also found that I am "fairly smart" and a "Loser" (see below)


Ok to the second matter, nerd love. Yes folks we have main stream has recgonized what we have been saying quite some time. Nerds are really much better mates than they are given credit for. The scary thing is this might put things out of balance (for example). Society will crumble. Ok I am over exaggerating, but I hate to see my beloved group get infiltrated by the cool kids. It would be kinda sad to see the nerd fakers. Well truthfully this is already happening. It was only the nerds and a few geeks on the internet but now its mainstream. Only nerds carried mp3 players and now its the chic accessory. The same with the pda, cell phone, computers and a boat load of other things. I guess thanks to the highly technology direction of our society we are no longer outcast but really just progressive and forward thinking, or just maybe just ahead of our time. So anyway back to the subject at hand. I just thought it was humorous, we nerd don't get the respect we deserve. I'm sure its not a start of a social movement or anything. At most maybe it makes us a good backup plan. I'm sure it means nothing.

MS


The Stupid Quiz said I am "Fairly Smart!" How stupid are you? Click here to find out!
I am 82% loser. What about you? Click here to find out!

No comments: